Where is everybody from?
Where is the team located?
We are located right in the beautiful and vibrant city center of Hamburg
What branches do you have?
Why should I join?
We attract great people that want to deliver value and learn in the process. That only works in the right environment and if the right conversations take place. Therefore it’s really important that team members have fun at what they do and at improving themselves and others. Flat hierarchies, honesty and discussing workflows is really important for that.
What hard and software do you use?
We provide every member with a top-notch MacBook Pro or a ThinkPad with Linux/Windows. All developers get two huge screens at 3360×2100.Team members can use any software they like if it makes them more productive and happier. We’re also happy to pay for useful tools.
I want numbers!
How does StyleLounge perform in the Joel Test?
In 2000 Joel Spolsky wrote down 12 questions to get a better feeling for software quality in a company. Here’s how they’re answered at StyleLounge.
- Do you use source control? Yes
- Can you make a build in one step? Yes
- Do you make daily builds? Yes, dozens actually
- Do you have a bug database?
Yes, bugs, user stories and high-level planning
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
Often. We estimate the impact and decide what’s best for the company
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
- Do you have a spec?
Yes, in the form of user stories and test cases
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
- Do you have testers?
No dedicated ones, we rather rely on automated testing and AB tests
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
- Do you do hallway usability testing? Yes
These questions are from the year 2000, let’s check how we perform against some new questions from an updated version by Dale Myers:
- Are all builds handled automatically by a CI server? Yes
- Do you have up to date information on your performance and usage?
Yes, we make extensive use of the bet monitoring tools available
- Do you have a comprehensive test plan? Yes
- Do you have dedicated UI and UX designers?
No, we work with good ones on demand but not full-time
Of course the entire point of the test is not to have an abstract score for the quality of a company, but rather an objective starting point for an interesting discussion. So let’s talk!